Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Army Recruiters please help?

I went to MEPS last week and I passed the physicals and everything, but turns out they were out of slots for the job that I wanted(Infantry) in the time frame that I wanted.





At this point, I don't care how long I enlist for, just as long as I get 31B Military Police. Do you think I can find an open slot for MP training before June? I don't care about the bonuses or contract length or anything. I just want to be an MP and I need to ship out before June because my apartment lease runs out June 3rd.





Thanks!



there is no way to tell when you will be able to ship out. even though your in a tough postion i wouldnt rush it. this job that you pick will be what you are doing for the next 4 years or so. just make sure it is exactly what you want to do. if they dont have what you want dont sign anything. a slot for your job will come open sooner than you think




One of the skills I learned in the Army was how to solve incredibly simple problems. I think yours can be categorized as that. Talk to your recruiter! What do we know? I'm thinking that a phone call to your recruiter will do more to solve your current crisis then a thousand postings on Yahoo Answers!


A thought to ponder; no one really cares for slackers: pogues or REMF's in the military and MP's qualify on all counts.




try going reserves, maybe a slot is open there, you can then turn around in six months and go active duty, talk to a recruiter and make sure I know what I am talkign about.


You can only get MP if your ASVAD scores alloy you to get it, did they tell you that?




Recruiters have buckets to fill. if one recruiter tells you that you can't do something, go talk to another recruiter. he may be filling you full of BS so he can meet a different months worth of requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment