Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why are employees expected to be loyal to their employer?

could someone explain why employees are expected to be loyal to their employer; yet employers are not expected to reciprocate that loyalty?



That is very good question! Loyalty doesn't count for anything anymore. Employees are routinely fired for any reason or no reason at all. I worked in a factory put in 16 long years and was starting to show a little tread. The boss treated me like a piece of ****, and I was finally a victim of "reduction in force" 25 of us were selected,. The people that stick the knives are not you're straw boss. His job is to make your life miserable and write you up for serious reasons that may not even be true. His boss was leaning on my boss to thin out the loyal troops. When I was written up, I refused to sign the pack of lies. I was sent home for 3 days for insubordination, and of course ultimately dismissed. Just try getting another job when you are 55 and almost used up.




The key thing to remember is that you asked to work for them. They were never required to hire you. No one is required to provide you with a job. Employers generally are expected to reciprocate. They just aren't required to. If they don't, they will have high turnover of employees which hurts overall production and quality. If they treat their employees better, they will retain experienced employees for a long time.




I think loyalty in either direction is a thing of the past. Gone are the days where someone works for the same company for 40 years and then retires. Today a better offer comes along and people are gone.




My employer is loyal to me. If I felt it wasn't, I'd work somewhere else.





I am a valued employee, I have that power. :)




I'm guessing you work at Wal-Mart...just go and find another job.




you need to find a better job......then you'll understand....

No comments:

Post a Comment