Monday, March 30, 2009

I have a stalker who is challenging me?

I have a peeping Tom, who happens to be my next door neighbor.


He has a 25 year prison record, anyways...


He has been constantly staring out his windows directly into my house everyday for hours at a time for the last year and a half.


I finally took action and put a non working camcorder in the window facing their house to make him stop.


Immediately I got the desired result and he stopped and a week after that put his blinds down. After about 3 weeks, One morning I woke up to find duck tape all over the window where my camera is at. He actually tresspassed and put that crap all over my outside windows.


Stupidly I did not call the police(Don't ask me why), and I just took it down and saved it, and put a note up on my window informing him that I have been in touch with the police and that I got him on tape putting the duck tape up there. I told him"Let it go, I don't want anymore trouble!!".


He took the note, but then he actually called us and asked us to take the camera down, me and my Mother. He said he promised he would stop if we did. We ofcourse told him they were staying up and we are within our rights,.


Then he put a note up on his window next morning, (which I did not bother to go over and read) because I am not gonna go over to the guys property, and by then it was getting pretty childish.


All I want is for this creep to leave me alone.


Anyways, all was good, and it's been a couple of months, so I relaxed, and took the camera down for a couple of days, BIG MISTAKE.


On Sunday, we noticed a netflix DVD in the mail. Mail does not come on Sundays, and we take the mail everyday. It had been opened, completely, somebody obviously opened it(him). We never miis mail.


So, he's going into our mailbox now, so I FINALLY, called the police and filed a report. The cop said he would talk to him, and aske him to leave me alone. Who knows, this guy has an obscession and I don't think hes gonna stop. When I have money I'm getting some real working cameras. The guys obviously challenging me.



First, if he is looking into your windows from his house, then put up curtains or blinds.


Second, by aiming a camcorder at his house, even if it if not working, YOU are technically violating HIS rights to privacy.


Third, unless you saw him open your mail you will not be able to prove it was him.





There is little the police can do as you have no proof of his wrongdoing. The police may talk to him but, that is all they can do. A restraining order may not be granted because again there is no proof.





All I can suggest is to cover your windows and put a lock on the mailbox. Record all incidents of harassment and stay away from him. Do not confront him.




What is your question?





You have filed a report and the Cop has spoke to the guy. You need to get a real-working camera for Evidence.





Good Luck; this guy does seem like a creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment